Do you feel like you are spending too much time cooking? You are not alone. Most people don’t have the time to cook from scratch every day, so more people are turning to convenience foods. However, there is a way that you can save yourself some time in the kitchen without sacrificing quality!
It’s not always easy to find ways of making your day-to-day tasks more accessible and more efficient, especially when cooking is involved. But there are some tried and true methods for saving time while also getting a great meal on the table every night without hassle. Follow our guide below for simple ways to spend less time in the kitchen:
Buy A Crockpot
A slow cooker is a great way to make meals without spending all of your time cooking. If you are craving a filling soup or stew, this is an excellent option because it cooks on its own over many hours and saves you from having to stand at the stove day after day.
It’s easy enough to throw together some ingredients before work and come home later to find that dinner has been cooked by itself! I recommend purchasing beef, chicken, pork, turkey, or vegetarian (depending on what type of meal you want to cook). Also, you can check for discounts on slow cookers for saving.
Efficient Kitchen Appliances
Appliances can help with certain tedious facets of cooking, like pasta or rice dishes that require boiling water (and stirring). For example, many people prefer using their electric stovetop over traditional ones because it takes up much less space since they don’t have any knobs.
Also, several other efficient kitchen appliances will help increase your work’s pace and lower the effort. You can check for kitchen appliances coupons for savings and less spending time in the kitchen.
Planning what will be made for dinner ahead of time is always a good idea before going grocery shopping, and it can help reduce waste by not buying too much food or ingredients that won’t get used up.
Make The Best Use Of Appliances
It is also essential to make the best use of appliances to their full potential. Also, their efficient service is vital to attaining the best results.
- Use a crockpot for cooking hard-boiled eggs or other dishes that can be left unattended. It will save your time.
- Place a pan in the oven on an off-cycle, add water, bring it to a boil, and then turn off the stove. Add your pasta when you know dinner is about 30 minutes away for perfect al dente pasta every time! You can check for saving options on microwave ovens through coupons.
- Cook veggies at high heat by adding them with frozen veggie broth cubes right into boiling water to thoroughly cook but still have texture.
Some Kitchen Hacks
- If you’re cooking rice, make sure there’s enough liquid in your pot before putting your lid on as rice cooks best while simmering due to lack of oxygen, resulting in mushy rice if too much liquid boils out. You can also go with rice cooker coupons for savings.
- To get the crispiest bacon, lay it out on a cookie sheet. Make sure your oven is set to 350 Fahrenheit and then cook for about 20 minutes until crispy
- When you’re cooking fish or other delicate foods in a pan, add some butter now and again as these high heat dishes will brown quickly if not thoroughly coated with oil or fat. The butter also helps keep food from sticking so much
Planning And Meal Plans
You can also plan for your kitchen activities to ensure the best outcomes.
- Starting with clean surfaces and utensils also helps cut down on prep work when things need to be chopped, diced, sliced, etc., because they’re germ-free and ready to use.
- A detailed meal plan from week to week takes care of meals for the whole day, so there’s no guesswork involved or having to think about breakfast while scrambling eggs late at night.
There are many things you can do to save time in the kitchen. You could use a food processor, an immersion blender, or even your good old-fashioned whisk. All of these tools will help make cooking quicker and easier with less mess!